The NETGEAR Trek travel router works as the wireless access point (AP) for your home network, this article provides the step-by-step instruction to install the setup.
The following are the various steps involved in the configuration of the NETGEAR PR2000
- The first step is to connect the one end of the Ethernet cable to the working internet source and the other end of the Ethernet cable to the PR2000 Internet/LAN port (blue port).
- In the next step, you have to slide the switch present on the side of the PR2000 to the Wired position.
- After that, you have to plug the PR2000 into the power outlet, and then switch on the power supply and wait for at least 40 seconds. You can also supply the to PR2000 by using the micro USB cable. For more information about the NETGEAR PR2000, you can also search the web for mywifiext net setup wizard.
- Then you have to connect your device to the PR2000 by using wireless or wired cable. If you want to use the computer as the wired device, then make sure that it is plugged into the LAN Port/Yellow port of the PR000. However, if you want to connect your Laptop or other devices through wireless mode, then you have to scan for the available Wi-Fi networks. You can also search the web for mywifiext net setup wizard.
- After that, you have to look for the default wireless network name (SSID) and the default password (network key). You can find the default wireless name and password on the label next to the serial number and the MAC address. The mywifiext net setup wizard will guide you throughout the setup process on the internet.
After that, open the web browser on your computer and type http://www.routerlogin.com or search the web for mywifiext net setup wizard into the address bar.
- Type admin as the username and password in the password field. Click the internet from the basic tab and then select Enable AP Mode.
- Click Apply to save the changes.